SKF Mud Scraper is a removable dried mud scraper made of SKF proprietary low friction, low wear material named X-ECOPUR. Product can be easily installed and removed by end consumer. Forks removal from the triple clamps is not required. Product is designed to work over OEM forks wear rings and is compatible with OEM dust seals. However SKF recommends application with SKF fork seals kit for the lowest friction possible experience.
- The products objective is to protect the fork seals from being damaged by small debris and dried mud which are the real killer of oil seal lips. The dust seal is designed to keep out as much water as possible; small particles; powder and liquid mud. Unfortunately, in many riding circumstances, liquid mud may have enough time to dry over the lower part of the chrome tube.
- If your forks have dry mud built up on them, the first jump landing or hard braking your forks will dive seals down into the section where the mud has accumulated and dried. Dirt particles will not move passing through the dust seal (which is not designed to scrape but to wipe!) and most likely will damage your oil seal lip triggering leakage.
- The Mud Scraper is designed to scrape! It will constantly clean your tubes removing hard, dried particles leaving the dust seal the job of keeping out water and powder.
- Product should be only used when riding in extreme wet-muddy conditions
- Product should not be used in dry riding conditions. Using the product in dry conditions will not affect product performance or durability
- Check for interference with your hole shot device where applicable
- Check for interference with non-OEM fork protection shields.
- Product shall be placed over OEM outer tube steel wear rings (with except of WP forks). Please check your steel wear rings are in good conditions. Should they be worn they may affect the capacity of the mud scraper to stay fixed over the forks
- Product shall not be used in conjunction with other seal savers products
- Remove SKF Mud Scraper after riding and properly clean with water