Introducing Dunlop’s next-generation intermediate-to-hard terrain off-road MX tyre: the Geomax MX53. Designed to offer more performance in a wider variety of terrains, the MX53 excels on hard-packed tracks while also offering greater versatility in intermediate riding conditions.
With its upgraded technology, the MX53 will give riders more versatility with better performance. This is in part due to the all-new tread pattern on both the front and rear tyres. A revolutionary horseshoe-shaped cluster of knobs has been added to the front tyre. This acts as a giant claw to dig into the ground and give the rider improved traction on hard-packed terrain and maximizes braking grip.
The Geomax MX53 now also features Dunlop’s patented Progressive Cornering Block technology on the front tyre. This technology, commonly known as Block-In-A-Block, allows enhanced flex on each knob resulting in ultimate grip and even more biting edges.
This bold new pattern of blocks have a hollowed-out portion on the centre tread, resulting in less stiffness in the centre of the tyre, giving riders better feedback and more compliance. Paired with a taller profile, this new MX53 front tyre provides gentler handling, more traction, higher lean angles and better maneuverability when compared to its predecessor.
Dunlop’s patented Block-In-A-Block technology on the rear tyre borrows from the success of the upgrades in technology added to the Geomax MX33, Dunlop’s soft-to-intermediate tyre. Incorporating these block designs that have already proven successful now give the MX53 more biting edges, increased grip and enhanced flex on each individual knob. These elements all contribute to enhancing durability and performance in harder terrains.
- A horseshoe pattern of blocks on the front tyre reduces the stiffness in the centre of the tyre to offer greater ride compliance. The unique pattern of the horseshoe blocks also grabs the dirt to provide better braking grip.
- Block-In-A-Block technology has been added to the front tyre of the MX53 in order to aid in linear tracking and improved steering.
- The altered Block-In-A-Block shape on the rear tyre allows for added flex in the knob to enhance grip while providing stability and slide control.
- Front and rear tyres include tie bars between select knobs to reduce flex at the base of the knobs, improving durability.
- Dunlop’s Advanced Apex Design improves shock absorption by diffusing shock through a taller, thinner apex inside the sidewall.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.